Running the fine line between too hard and too easy

Sunday, January 13, 2008

A new gift becomes a new staple

So, I posted about the Easy Taco Casserole that I made for a friend who just had a baby a few weeks ago. Well, I was intrigued by the recipe and wanted to make it for dinner one night. My husband has sinced coined it "Mexican Lasagna".



The original recipe is supposed to be a mild meal for new moms. However, I adapted the recipe and made a delicious mexican meal. After I browned the meat, I mixed in a generic Taco Seasoning packet for a little flavor. After the meat was finished, I dumped it into a bowl with salsa and corn (I used two cans of kernel corn because I love corn!) and I re-used the pan to saute about 1/2 cup of yellow onion. After the onion had become translucent, I added it to the mixture and began layering.


The Mexican Lasagna was delicious! It was still pretty mild, so my husband added some hot sauce to it. Next time, I intend to add some chiles and peppers to the mixture. It's like yummy hot nachos with all your favorite fixings. Perfect meal for a tired evening where you just want to veg.








No comments: