I came across this list in Blueprint magazine on 100 Reasons to get rid of something. Some of the my favorite reasons are:
- People burn 55 minutes a day looking for things.
- 80 percent of what we own we never use.
- Donate Cell phones: Care.org Send a phone to the field staff of a poverty-fighting mission.
- dressforsuccess.org Give interview and work clothing to disadvantaged women.
- Booksforafrica.org Give everything from storybooks to encyclopedias.
- Nikereuseashoe.com Recycled footwear materials become sports and playground surfaces.
- Around 23 percent of people pay late fees on bills they cannot find.
- Trade in an old iPod and receive a 10 percent discount on a new one.
- Search for phone numbers online instead of storing bulky Yellow and White Pages volumes.
I hope this list inspires you to do a little spring cleaning and hopefully you can take some weight off your daily to-do or even your home.