Running the fine line between too hard and too easy

Friday, December 28, 2007

A tip for Sealing Envelopes

I'm not sure if it's a Martha Stewart "Good thing" (it should be if it isn't!), but a friend of mine taught me this little trick a few years ago. It is wonderful when sending out mass mailings (announcements, thank you cards, etc). Like many people I recently sent out holiday cards to our friends and family. This method for sealing is tried and true. I start out by getting a glass full of water. Take a q-tip and lightly dip it into the water and then run the wet q-tip across the adhesive for the envelope. Then just seal the envelope! I find that I only need to dip the q-tip after 3-4 envelopes. It is definitely not needed after every envelope. You will have too much water in the q-tip and it will run into the envelope (off the adhesive). I hope you find this "Good Thing" as helpful as I have!

No comments: