Running the fine line between too hard and too easy

Friday, December 28, 2007

A gift to a New Mom

A friend of mine recently welcomed a beautiful baby boy into her life. A few friends decided it may be a good idea to make "dinners" for her and her husband to enjoy during the first few weeks while adjusting to their new life with a baby. When people put together a "frozen dinner" it generally is Italian. Lasagnas, pastas, meatballs, etc all freeze wonderfully. I wanted to find something a little different to take. I was venturing around the internet and stumbled upon this simple recipe. Another thing I wanted to keep in mind was that the meal needed to be something the mother could eat and wouldn't upset her baby while he ate. So a spicy dish was out of the question. I found a recipe for a taco casserole that seemed to be a good fit.

The recipe for Easy Taco Casserole

I plan to make it for my husband and myself this weekend. I will be adding some more ingredients to it (peppers, spices, etc) and see how it is. It looked very yummy while I was making it. I hope my friend and her husband enjoyed it!

No comments: