Running the fine line between too hard and too easy

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Making a list, no need to check twice

I was born to be a list-maker. I always have at least 4 lists going on at one time. A list at work on my computer. A handwritten list next to my computer. A list at home of groceries to buy. A list of home-oriented "to-do's" in the kitchen drawer. Lists. Lists. Lists. There is something actually gratifying about checking off the to-do list. A sense of accomplishment. A satisfaction knowing that you did something productive that day.

However lately, my struggle to maintain multiple, organized lists has been quite the daunting task. Specifically, I needed a way to constantly be in touch with all of my lists at once. And I also needed a way to share tasks with my husband when they apply to both of us. We have tried a series of different ways to make it work. And I finally think we have stumbled on the answer. http://www.rememberthemilk.com/

RTM (Remember the Milk) is a way to do all of the above things I have mentioned already doing and wanting to do. Except it's even better than I could have imagined. It syncs with my Blackberry Curve. It works offline. You can prioritize tasks, assign due dates for tasks, postpone tasks (God forbid) if you don't complete it by the designated time, etc.

I have a good feeling I have found the solution to all my needs wrapped up into one beautiful website. I can now breathe a large sigh of relief knowing all of my lists will always be at my fingertips waiting for each task to be diligently handled.

No comments: