Running the fine line between too hard and too easy

Sunday, December 30, 2007

Displaying Holiday Cards

I love receiving holiday cards. More specifically, I look forward to family holiday cards to see how the children have grown over the year. So much of mail nowadays is junk; catalogs, magazines, bills, advertisements, etc. It's so nice to have such personal and pleasant mail during the holiday season to brighten your spirits and your home. And every year I try and find a way to display each and every card proudly. This year I thought I would hang a wired ribbon (from Martha Stewart holiday collection at Kmart) straight down a wall and then affix each card to the ribbon. Then, I would top it off with a bow. Well, we were blessed to receive so many beautiful cards! I need to keep adding. I'm not 100% keen on how it turned out this year, but I hope to use this as inspiration to perfect it next year.

Card display in my kitchen; where I would be able to enjoy the cards the most.

A close-up of what was the beginning of the display.

No comments: